October 21, 2008

Rachel Getting Married

Is this starting to become a film blog?

I watched Rachel Getting Married this past weekend and it's a definite must-see. I don't even really like Anne Hathaway as an actress but I sort of fell in love with her in this film. Anne Hathaway plans Kym, a young drug addict who is given a weekend pass out of rehab to attend her older sister, Rachel's wedding. It is during the wedding weekend when secrets unravel and drama ensues. A person sitting behind me in the theater whispered during the movie, "Oh my god. This is SO intense." I couldn't have agreed more. Rachel Getting Married is probably one of the better films I have seen this year and no wonder, there is already Oscar buzz surrounding it.

P.S. The lead singer of TV On The Radio (TVOTR), Tunde Adebimpe plays Rachel's husband-to- be.



Watching movies = escapism

xoxo,
Cynthia

No comments: