September 3, 2008

Brunch at Tiffany's

A few Sundays ago, my sister and I went to brunch at Foreign Cinema located in San Francisco's Mission district. I made reservations the night before so that when we got there, we would be able to get a table and fill our bellies quickly. Foreign Cinema did not disappoint.

We were seated outside in the courtyard. During dinner service there is a film screened on a wall here. I really liked that our tablecloth was brown paper.

We started with their homemade organic "poptart." The plum filling was delicious and the pastry was nice and flaky.

The service was quick and speedy. We enjoyed our refreshments while we waited. I chose to have a glass of sparkling wine with strawberry essence. It tasted very much like a grown-up version of a strawberry lemonade. My sister went with the pomegranate lemondade.

We ordered a side of chicken-apple sausage. These links had a nice curry flavor to them.

My sister ordered the crab fritata. It had an interesting flavor profile of crab and goat cheese. It was a little too heavy for my taste. This thing is HUGE!

I ordered the fried eggs deglazed in balsamic which came with garlic hash and charred greens. I normally am not a fan of runny yolk but this dish was the exception. It was flavorful and light which I enjoyed a lot.

Foreign Cinema is a bit on the pricey side... but considering that they use mainly organic ingredients and have a daily changing menu, I think it's worth it. Foreign Cinema is more of a splurge brunch... more of a treat for yourself or a place to go to impress that special someone. Hint hint. Nudge nudge. The food is excellent and the service is impressive. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere with a very mixed crowd of foodies, young hipsters, yuppies, and families with babies in tow. Don't worry if you didn't bring your sunnies or SPF, there is an option of dining indoors but I highly suggest eating outside for the best experience. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation. Brunch is served Saturdays and Sundays until 3pm.


xoxo,
Cynthia

1 comment:

Dion said...

mmmmmm....i want breakfast now.