May 27, 2008

WIDWD (What I Did With Dion)

Last Wednesday, Dion and I had a date in the Mission. I put my name and cell phone number down on the wait list for Weird Fish and the owner promised me he would give me a call when a table was available! So nice of him! While we waited, we wandered around a bit and took photos.

WDDW? (What Did Dion Wear?)

WDCW? (What Did Cynthia Wear?)

My new oxford flats!

I thought this would make a good background.

So Dion & I stood in front of it.

I got a call from the restaurant so we took a shortcut from Valencia St. to Mission St. through this alley.

This alleyway had amazing murals like this one of an elephant.

I liked the colors in this one.

I love pigeons!

Weird Fish is a really small restaurant. It probably seats no more than 3o at a time. It doesn't have a sign out front except for this horse creature hanging above the door.

After much contemplation, I ordered the Tilapia fish & chips. It came with slaw. The chips were a mix of regular potatoes and sweet potatoes! I also ordered a ginger lemonade which I had high hopes for. It was a bit tart for my taste.


I would highly recommend Weird Fish to anyone looking for a bite to eat in the Mission but only if you like seafood and you don't mind a wait. There are non-fried options as well (Dion got the grilled blackened catfish with mango salsa) and the menu is vegetarian friendly. Fake chicken and tofu, anyone? Next time I think I'll try the fried pickles!

P.S. I think our waiter was hitting on us. That's okay though!

And that is WIDWD.


xoxo,
Cynthia

3 comments:

philip said...

haha, high-times-in-the-mission.com

i like your photo-adventure.

p.s. cute shoes!

Dion said...

so much fun!!!

tuge said...

son explication sacs réplique gucci voir www.dolabuy.su voir ceci site Web Hermes Dolabuy