May 20, 2008

Rogan for Target GO International

As a young, twenty-something year old with limited funds and a somewhat unsavory appetite for designer goods, I appreciate it when fashion designers collaborate with stores like Target, H&M, The Gap, or Top Shop to create a collection that won't wipe out my bank account. Because of this trendy phenomenon, I can proudly say I am an owner of a threeASFOUR dress (Gap), a Band of Outsiders shirt-dress (GAP), a Viktor & Rolf beaded shirt (H&M), an Erin Fetherston embellished sweatshirt (Target), and a Roberto Cavalli boho dress (H&M).

So I was excited to hear that Rogan was designing a collection for Target's GO International line. Rogan Gregory is a NYC-based eco-friendly, socially-conscious fashion designer who besides Rogan, helped create/design for the Loomstate and EDUN clothing lines. In 2007, he won the CDFA/Vogue Fashion Fund award. His line for Target is a culmination of two-year long project and each piece is certified 100% organic.

The line launched this past weekend after much hype. I think Barney's is even selling the collection in it's own stores! Personally the line is not much my style (think muted neutral color palette, animal prints, safari inspiration) but I applaud Target for making such a green effort! Clap clap.

A couple pieces in the line did catch my eye though. Here's one:




I like the cute zebra screen print hidden inside!

See the rest of the collection here.

New tattoo idea: zebra???!!!

xoxo,
Cynthia

1 comment:

Da Fashionista said...

cute blog. I just bought two pairs of Rogan for Target pants and a jumper last week at Barney's.

Not really my style but the fit was surprisingly good on me.