August 18, 2008

Breakfast of Champions

So I decided to start eating breakfast. One night after work, I made the trip to my local supermarche and picked up a few ingredients to create a somewhat decent meal for the start of my long long day. Who knew people actually shopped for frozen chicken and toilet paper at 9:30 at night??? I think the last time I actually did some grocery shopping this late was when I was in college where it was the norm to head out in your pajamas to get a carton of smokes and a maybe jug of Carlo Rossi sangria. Please note, I only went out once in my pajamas in the 4 years I was in college and that's only because I wanted to try the (then new) Dreyer's Dibs. Thanks.

I noticed recently that due to lack of food in my body in the AM, I would start getting the munchies the second I sat down at my desk to work. I basically snacked until my lunch half-hour came around eating food procured from the Walgreen's downstairs in the building lobby. This was not limited to chocolate-covered caramel popcorn, beef jerky sticks, and peanut butter m&ms. Barf!

So for the past week, I have been eating this or some variation for breakfast. Since I've been eating breakfast I feel like I have been eating more instead of less. I don't know whether or not I should be concerned. Oh well!

For breakfast:

  1. scrambled egg whites seasoned only with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (equivalent to 2 or 3 eggs)
  2. 3 turkey sausage links
  3. 1/2 slice of wheat bread toast
  4. 1 teaspoon of apple cinnamon jelly
  5. 1 glass of lite cranberry juice
  6. lots of ketchup
Okay... I changed up my breakfast a little bit the next morning.

Breakfast:

  1. scrambled egg whites seasoned only with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (equivalent to 3 eggs)
  2. 3 turkey sausage links
  3. 1 hash brown patty
  4. 1/2 glass lite cranberry juice
  5. a pool of ketchup
  6. 2 slices of watermelon
Hopefully this post inspires you to take some time out in the morning to make some breakfast, if not during the work week, then the weekends.

xoxo,
Cynthia

2 comments:

philip said...

AMAZING! I smiled when you said you changed it up the next morning...

More like this please! Put all the photos we take of our meals to use home-fry, and the meal breakdowns make it even more enjoyable.




xoxo,
gossip hungry

Dion said...

mmmmm...yummers.